Thursday, June 16, 2011

What You Can Expect

Being that this is our first post, I don't know how to start rather than with the always cheesy but always appropriate:

Welcome to our blog!

Seth and I were married on June 19th, 2010. Being young and newly married with a teacher's salary and the small wage of a part-time library worker, it was unlikely that dates out were going to be a common occurrence. However, we quickly realized that we had just as much fun and fulfillment when we cooked together. And I was surprised to find that we were both good at it! I had been cooking dinners for my family at home for a while, but I was marrying a guy straight out of bachelor pad cooking of George Foreman chicken simply sprinkled with seasonings such as barbecue or Cajun. While the Foreman does still make its way back onto our counter, its rarely graced by the bland chicken of yesterday :)
So, this blog was started to share our cooking adventures with the world. I can certainly say that we're not master chefs, nor will you find any fancy recipes here that feature truffle oil or Kobe beef. However, we have fun experimenting together, and we hope you enjoy what we come up with!

Some things you might want to know about us and our cooking:

  • Seth does not like cheese. I love it! I have tried masking it, but have yet to have any success. He won't even eat Parmesan chicken. So, unfortunately, you will not be finding many cheese-based dishes on this blog. We're also not huge fans of whole tomatoes, so you won't see a lot of those either.
  • Somehow, we've gradually started cooking mostly Chinese and Mexican foods. I don't know how this happened, because neither of us have any association with either ethnicity! 
  • We love spice! It's unlikely that you will see any recipe that is not covered with it.
  • We like to keep things fresh! So, you may occasionally see recipes for everything from homemade tortillas instead of packaged ones to references to our garden vegetables because Seth is a huge lover of our garden :)
  • We also like to keep things silly, so expect lots of videos of anything from food tutorials to pizza crust tossing :)
                                        -Courtney
                                                                                                         

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! I'll be checking in from time to time although I am with you Courtney and LOVE cheese!
    Kathleen at AlwaysSewLove

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I can't wait to read more. I'm subscribing now. (this is laurie reyes in case it posts my comment with my blog name).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! I look forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete