Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


Come autumn, there are always tons of recipes popping up everywhere whose main ingredient is pumpkin. Pumpkin bread. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin cookies. It's all good fun for those who love pumpkin, but I've never been a fan of the taste :/ Don't get me wrong! Coming home from school the day before Thanksgiving to the smell of fresh-baked pumpkin pies will always be one of the strongest holiday memories from my childhood. I love the smell, just not the taste. So, I thought I'd give the others like me an alternative for a hearty bread :) Chocolate Chip Banana!

Ingredients:
1 1/4 C sugar
1/2 C butter
2 eggs
1/2 C milk
3-4 mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 or 1 1/2 C chocolate chips (depending on how much you like chocolate)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Cream butter and sugar in a mixer. Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. 
Mix in milk, mashed bananas and vanilla.
Mix in dry ingredients.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour into a greased loaf pan.
Now, the baking time can get iffy. I usually set it for an hour, and then check it. It always takes different times. I think it may have something to do with how many bananas you use and how ripe they are. Anyway, the center is usually rather uncooked once the hour is up, and I just set the timer for small increments until it's more solid :)

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment