Friday, April 27, 2012

Burlap & Twine Letter


Personally, I love using monograms for home decor!
It's a great personal touch that makes your home unique to your family.
I've been looking for something to make to add the "R" to our house, and I thought this would fit in perfectly in our 
living room.
Plus, I could make it myself using materials I already have, so it's cheaper than buying it at the store!
Keep reading if you like it and want to make it for your home!

Materials:
-cardboard letter
-burlap
-twine
-hot glue
marker


Start by tracing the letter onto the burlap. Trace an outline for both sides of the letter.


Carefully cut out the outlines.
Using your hot glue, paste the burlap outlines onto the sides of the letter. Trim any overhanging fabric.


The twine takes up the majority of the project. Just pick a corner and start pasting the twine to the side. Put on a little hot glue in a small line and attach the twine little by little. You only want to go little by little because if the glue dries before you attach the twine, you'll end up with a really bumpy edge.



Repeat this step over and over until the lines of twine cover the whole side.
Here's a close-up of what the twine looks like when it's finished.


Find a place to perch the letter, and enjoy!

After this project, I enjoyed the twine so much that I also added it to a vase and a candle :)



I think it adds a nice touch, don't you?






No comments:

Post a Comment