Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chicken Fried Rice


Ever since I was little, whenever my family would order out Chinese, I would always order chicken fried rice.
The other members of my family would order all the interesting things full of shrimp and goodness, but I was happy sticking with my chicken and rice. 
Why? Because I thought it was yummy! It might seem plain for a Chinese dish, but I've always loved it.
Wanna see if you love it too?

Ingredients: 
(This is based on what Seth and I make for two with plenty leftover for lunches)
-3 boneless chicken breasts
-5 tbsp soy sauce
-3 tbsp peanut butter
-1 1/2 tsp honey
-2 tsp sesame oil
-2 tsp red pepper flakes
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-dash of pepper
-sesame oil for wok/pan
-1 C frozen peas and carrots (I only had peas for the pictures)
-1 small onion, chopped
-2 tsp minced garlic
-2 eggs, slightly beaten
-1/4 C soy sauce
-rice (Seth and I actually made four bags of boil-in-the-bag rice. I'm not sure the exact measurements)

Mix the first 7 ingredients after the chicken. This will be the seasoning for the chicken before you cook it up. 
Cut the chicken into small, bite-sized pieces and toss them in the sauce.


Heat sesame oil in the wok or pan. Make sure it is HOT!
Toss in the chicken and cook.


Take out the chicken and add a little more oil. Throw in the onion and veggies. Saute. Try to brown and caramelize the veggies just to get the extra flavor!


Here comes the hardest part of this recipe (though not too hard). Move the onions and veggies out of the way. Beat the two eggs and immediately add them to the pan.


Don't let the eggs sit too long before you start scrambling them. You want little pieces of egg, not big chunks.


At this point, throw in the rice and soy sauce. Toss until the rice begins to brown from the heat.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment